An individual membership in the leading international scientific and educational organization for medication adherence has many advantages. ESPACOMP members receive benefits and opportunities, additionally they become part of a global collaborative community. The current annual membership fee is EUR 75. This is included in the annual meeting registration fee. As an associate member you will benefit from the advantages offered by the association but you shall have no voting privilege. Individuals typically become associate members by attending the annual conference. However, you may also become a member or renew associate memberships by contacting info@ESPACOMP.eu
People wishing to take an active role in the society may apply for effective membership. To clarify, effective members have voting privileges in the society. To become an effective member of the society, the applicant must demonstrate to the board his/her sincere interest in and contributions to research in medication adherence. For instance, documenting specific examples such as publications, grants, patents and/or reports. In addition, the applicant shall have earned a doctorate degree or submit evidence of equivalent training or experience. Applications for effective membership should be sent in writing to info@ESPACOMP.eu
Executive Board Membership
Effective members of ESPACOMP may choose to further their individual membership by applying to serve on the ESPACOMP Executive Board.
Most importantly, to be eligible to serve on the board ESPACOMP members must:
- be engaged in ESPACOMP for the past 3 years or longer, and be an effective member of ESPACOMP;
- have a PhD-degree in a field related to medication adherence research or have equivalent publications, or to be a health care professional (MD, DNP, PharmD) with expertise in adherence.
Executive board members’ responsibilities are the following:
- endorsing the objectives of ESPACOMP;
- participating in ESPACOMP executive board meetings (monthly teleconferences);
- actively participating in ESPACOMP activities and or initiating such activities (e.g. conference scientific planning, abstract review, pre-conference planning, or other ESPACOMP initiatives).